Whenever I have an exceptionally cool day with my exceptionally cool kids I feel like blogging.
This morning my sometimes trying, but ever loving husband let me sleep in. Not only did he let me sleep in, he also changed a big Poopy, fed the kids breakfast, and loaded the dishwasher.

Husbands.... It really IS the little things in life that count with us wives. I got up and showered (by myself!!!!!!!!) and loaded several cases of popcorn into the back of my car. It was popcorn selling day for scouts and Austin was super pumped up about it.He convinced me that we needed to bring Ellie along because she is cute and would help him sell more popcorn. I decided to let her come despite common sense telling me what a terrible idea that was. We sold popcorn for three hours though,and not once did I wish I hadn't brought her. She behaved herself very well. Austin sold tons of popcorn too. I am very proud of his selling ability.... Talking up his product, letting people know which is the best value, and being polite when being told no. At one point however, when asked how much the popcorn was, he answered "Ridiculously Expensive". I snickered and said, Austin you shouldn't say that. But you know what? She bought it anyway!Jax hung out with Daddy while we were gone and they enjoyed Mcdonalds for lunch... Just the two of them.
Later in the day we took some time to clean out the garage and then I asked the kids to pick up the toys in the backyard. They agreed without a fuss and then when I looked outside and realized they were all shirtless I had to laugh.(and take a picture)

This evening we had "Family Movie Night" and watched "Matilda" Both the older kids loved it, Austin most especially. Jaxon toddled around the living room stopping every few minutes to snuggle and act interested in the movie because he could tell that was the "cool" thing to do. I liked that time together. I hope the kids did too...
Always good to have those days that are just . . good! You have a way cool family too!
ReplyDelete