Chase- Chase has been to several races over the last few months. He continues to do well in the 30plus class. Things at work are going well for him and he continues to stay busy and Thankful for a steady job to provide for us.
We are seeing a marriage Counselor several times a month. I think it is really helping with our "issues" and I honestly recommend Counseling for every couple, Even if you seem to have it all together. The last few weeks for us have been good, and we seem to be having more ups than downs.
Jessica- Things for me are good. It sounds generic but its true. I am in a good place with my husband,kids, and have excellent friends. However,There have been some things weighing on my mind.
Anyone who is or has ever been a stay at home parent knows its tough. There are daily struggles at our house, and although they are usually over such simple things, like whats for dinner, It can still wear at you and break you down. I am not gonna sugar coat it. I do occasionally feel totally broken down. I will snap at something that really isn't that big of a deal. Some days I have conflicting feelings about my role as Mom and how successful, if at all successful I have been with raising up these little people. My third baby brought so much to our family, and I wouldn't trade him for anything! But going from two to three kids really changed the dynamics of our family. I struggle with the fact that I feel like I was a better, more attentive mother to two kids than I am to three. Some days I feel like I am failing miserably. I find myself endlessly lecturing Austin. I find myself snapping at Ellie with no warning of her actions. Jax gets away with stuff I would have never let the first two get away with. Mostly it is because I am just tired!
And then, when I am not feeling so down on myself, I think I have truly grown as a parent. Parenting shouldn't be all about power struggles and keeping your kids in line. Its about teaching them values and morals and letting them fail so that they can learn on their own how to act in this world. I guess what Jax has taught me is don't sweat the small stuff. And for that I am Thankful.
Austin- Austin finished Second grade much the way he started it. At the top of his class and a good student in all areas.His teacher chose him for the First Place Ribbon at the Reading Awards.He got it because of his high scores on comprehension tests as well as being well above grade level in his reading ability. He chose to go to Summer School, Mostly because his good friend was going, and he really enjoyed it. He loves Math, and already thinks its funny that his math skills exceed mine.(No joke.) Austin has been enjoying summer vacation and spends his days playing computer games, playing with friends and most recently, he is making title belts out of paper. Chase showed him how to make one, and now he has made lots. From Monster Championship, American Championship and Bug Tag Team Champion.
He did get sick at the very beginning of summer, and ended up with Roseola, which he was kind enough to share with Jax and Ellie.
Austin's best friend since Kindergarten, moved away with his family at the beginning of July. I am not really sure Austin knew how to handle the feelings that went with loosing a friend. I can relate to that because I am not sure I have handled my feelings of his Mom, one of my best friends, moving away either. I noticed in the months leading up to the move, him sort of Pushing Calvin away. I think that was his way of sort of making it easier on himself.That may or may not have been a good way to deal, but so far he seems OK. He is looking forward to writing to his bud once he gets an address.
Austin has been throwing his Dad and I for a loop lately. This is a kid that since age four would stay up later than anyone in our house. Hang out by himself and watch TV till all hours of the night. He loved the independence and is trustworthy so it was not abig deal. He has became more needy than he has been in a very long time. He puts himself to bed, even on weekends, by 8:30 or 9... And he likes to know that after he has gone to bed, someone will still be up and downstairs for awhile. It is very much unlike him, but he seems happy and adjusted in every other way.
Ellie- Ellie handled her cast for almost four weeks like a champ. She never complained about the thing, not one time. She sat bravely in the chair as they took it off, and the Xrays showed it healed up nicely.
Ellie has been without her little sidekick Chloe for almost a month now. At first it was hard, but she is doing well now playing with Austin, and more importantly, herself! Ellie also had Roseola. We have learned that the way Ellie's body reacts to fever is with throwing up. So while she and her brothers had the same thing, she was the one who gagged and puked into a bowl all day. Loudly. Again though, she handled it like a champ.
Ellie finished up year two of three for Preschool. I had really hoped that I would be able to get her into Kindergarten this fall, even though she won't be five till November. It was decided that even though she probably would be fine, if the school allowed her in, then everyone would challenge the age rule and the floodgates would open. I completely understand the decision and know she will be fine in another year of preschool. It did bum me out a little though, because I know without a doubt that Ellie fits into the 4-5 peer group much more closely than the 3-4 peer group. She has just always been more mature than other kids her age, and academically, even if she started Kindergarten tomorrow, she would excel. I do hope she enjoys preschool next year. Its a new place with new teachers and just like the Kindergarten Program at Napavine, is 5 half days a week.
Ellie spends her days watching her new favorite show, "Good Luck Charlie", playing with her baby dolls, and riding her bike.It was funny because even with her cast Ellie was out riding scooters and her bike. Ellie is such a tough girl with a kind heart and silly personality.
Jaxon- Jaxon is two! I have so many good things to say about Jax right now because he is in such a fun stage. His vocabulary has skyrocketed, and he is fully potty trained. He hardly ever wets his pants anymore,and even the poops are making it in the toilet. Its funny because if he gets quiet, I will find him sitting with a guilty look on his face. I say, "What are you doing?" and he says " I pooping." He hasn't though, nothing in the underwear. He is just thinking about pooping.
Jax is obsessed with his nipples. Every time we take off his shirt, he has to show them to us. "Nickles" He says, "Two Nickles."
Its been weeks since his birthday, and he is still referring to his new toys as his "presents." That's pretty cute.
Jax reminds me so much of a little Austin. So articulate and smart for his age, and like his big brother, He is left handed.
Jax is all boy. He loves trucks, and airplanes and motorcycles, and "Excavators".
He has to point out all these things that go! In his favorite book, a picture word book, there is a page with all the things that go. He sits and stares at the picture for the longest time, saying things like "Open the door, need a key, turn it on, make it go." I can tell that in h is brain he is imagining himself at the wheel of all these mighty machines.
Jax is so well loved, and Jax loves everyone. There isn't a single person that Jax doesn't get excited about seeing. He really is a gift to the world. With his bright smile, and sweet snuggles I just can't imagine life without him!
No comments:
Post a Comment