Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What we have been up to Janurary 2010

Wow, 2010. That is still really weird for me to type.



This has been a very busy month. There have been good things and not so good things.I'll start with the not so good.


In the beginning of January our kitty of 9 years, Sprockett disappeared. It was really a bummer for all of us. She has been gone almost a month now, but I can't say that I have completely given up hope that she will come back. I had her for longer than I have even been married. Chase brought her home to me only a few weeks after we had gotten our own place together. She will be missed greatly. She was the most mellow and affectionate cat I have ever met. The kids are doing OK with it now, but there were a few rough couple of days in the beginning.I told Ellie that she put on her kitty bikini and boarded a flight to Bermuda.:)Now I try not to talk about her because it just makes them sad. And me too.

Another not so wonderful thing that happened this month was illness. At the begining of the month Ellie and Jax both had terrible colds and coughs that hung on even after antibiotics. The doctor decided it was probably allergies and not sickness, so they both now have allergy medication that can be given when they show symptoms.

Then towards the end of the month Ellie, Austin and I all had the flu. It was almost a week straight where someone was puking. Being the mom and being sick is terrible. You feel awful but you really don't have any choice but to function normally. It is not uncommon for me to hold two puke bowls at the same time because they have a way of puking simuntanioulsy. My kids are very different pukers. Given a choice I would take a puking Ellie over a puking Austin. Ellie will bring me her bowl,wake me with the code word ("puke")and then throw up. Austin is a completely different story. He doesn't even wake to puke. He is such a sound sleeper he will continue right on sleeping leaving me to telepathically know he is needing to vomit, sit him up and hold the bowl. I really think a train could travel though Austins room in the middle of the night and he would slumber peacefully.

I was watching a show on TV yesterday about he premature birth of the Duggars 19th child. The father was talking about his faith in god and said something that I needed to hear. He said that we praise God when things are good in our lives and things are going our way. But we also need to continue to praise God through the bad times as well. I am going to try to use this outlook from now one. Even while holding puke bowls.:)

With life you take the good with the bad,. That was the bad... Here is some good.

Austin getting his "Bobcat" Badge at the Pack Meeting 1/29/10


I started watching a friend of mines kids full time when she returned to work. They are 3 and 6,and although it may seem like that would be more work for me it is actually less because the kids all play together and don't look to me for entertaining. Ellie has been doing much more imaginative play thanks to Chloe. I think Ellie wears dress up clothes about 80 percent of the time now and let me tell you it really does cut down on the laundry! They are really good little girls and I am happy to have them.


Another thing that has kept me busier than normal this month is me finally really trying to loose the extra 25 pounds I have been lugging around since Austn was born. I figured it was really time to get serious while Jaxon is still helping me out by nursing.I have been going to the Gym almost every day. I have also been trying to eat more healthy.It was rough to figure out how to eat enough to still produce plenty of milk for Jax but still loose weight. There were a few days where I was producing very little milk and that didn't make my little guy very happy. I think I have a good balance now. I started out at 172 and I have already lost 12 pounds. Chase has also been working on loosing his extra baby weight. It makes me angry because I go to the gym, restrict calories and limit snacking, yet he can still eat pretty much whatever he wants and just cut out soda and he has lost almost as much as I have. Sometimes I hate being a woman!


Jax has learned tons of new stuff this month!!! He learned how to drink from a cup, clap his hands, shake his head no and use it to communicate, and at the very end of the month he made his first sad, but adorable attempt none the less at crawling. Oh! And today his very first little tooth is up! He is getting so big so fast!

Hope everyone has a great month!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad there was good along with the bad. Way to go Jax on the tooth, Ellie on being imaginative (although she's always been creative), and Austin on the Bobcat!!!
    Your looking great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your comment about praising God even in the bad times. We can always find something to be thankful for if we take the time and make the effort to look for it, and I think that makes life so much sweeter when we realize how blessed we are. :)

    I also hate that men can lose weight without really having to work at it, I should probably start getting rid of my extra pounds, too, I am about at your starting weight right now and my closet is not happy! :)

    ReplyDelete