Ellie was at the table drawing a picture with markers. Her drawing has come a long way in the last several months and now I am beginning to see actual pictures emerging. She had colored quietly for a bit when I came to take a peek of what she was working on.I was surprised that I could tell right away that she was drawing people and they had faces that were recognizable! I said, "Ellie I love your picture because I see the people you drew and I see their smiling faces!" And she says... "Yeah, only I don't want you to actually talk to me, because I am concentrating." I smiled and walked a way giggling a little. I came back later and saw that she had written her name and it looked great. So I quietly said.."El, I know you are concentrating so I won't bug you, but I just wanted to say that you did a really nice job on your name." And Ell smiles her big sweet cheek smile and says... "its OK, now Mom, cuz I already concentrated."
Here is her picture....

Then this morning Ellie and I were chatting about why she shouldn't use adult scissors. I used the classic "you will cut your finger off" line.Then I said... "What would you do if you cut your finger off?" And she said that she would just get a new one. I said, "Oh yea, Where are you gonna get a new one?" She looked at me like I must surly be crazy and said... "I don't know Mom, probably wherever we got all these ones!" and held up her little hands. Priceless!
I love Ellie!
ReplyDelete