Austin:The first thing I know Austin would want me to share is that he is currently sporting the coolest Mohawk ever! He looks awesome and even though it will only be around for a few weeks (We have family pics scheduled for July and I want his hair to look normal for that) I love watching him walk around with a little extra strut in his step. (I know what you are thinking, as if that kid needs anymore strut!!!)
Austin started off Tball season not very thrilled for practices and he didn't seem to be having very much fun at all. Now that is almost over though he seems to be enjoying it more and has improved his skills for the sport. He still can't throw very far, but his batting and catching have really improved. Now he says he does want to play again next year. I guess we shall see. Austin got "Student of the Month" for April...The Theme was "Have a Positive Attitude." Daddy and I got to go to the school and cheer for him during the Assembly. That was exciting. Austin has been having a blast playing poker online on FaceBook. I know it isn't the best way for him to spend his time, but I am always amazed at the concepts that his 6 year old brain can comprehend. I don't even really know how to play poker. This past weekend Chase and I got Austin a new bike even though his other bike is in perfect shape.His old new bike is an 18 inch, and his new new bike is a 16 inch. He was doing fine with the old new bike until we took the training wheels off then he could no longer get started on it. The 16 inch bike is perfect so he has full control and has been riding without training wheels for about a year now. Austins reading and writing have really taken off as he is ending his year of 1st grade. He can read anything I put in front of him, and rarely stumbles over big words anymore. I am finding things he writes now and it always makes me smile that he can put his thoughts down on paper now and I can immediately comprehend what he has written. I found a note in his bed the other day while he was at school, and it was definitely an "awwwww" moment.... Its a "wish list..." Calvin has been one of his very best friends for almost two years now.
Ellie: My last blog of Ellie (besides the random funny things I share) wasn't so great. Okay, it was actually terrible... For some reason Ellie, who has done everything early,(except walking) decided to go through a very late "separation anxiety" phase. It almost did me in. I don't tolerate whiny behavior well, and I honestly really didn't even know what to do with her.... But I am happy to say she seems to be over it. We still have to have 5 hugs and 5 kisses when we part ways, but she is no longer having to be peeled off me from whoever is taking her or watching her. Thank the Lord! Ellie just finished up her first year of preschool and I think it really was a positive first experience with school. Next year I am putting her into a preschool in Napavine, and I am excited for the 3 minute drive as opposed to the 15 minute drive. On sunny days, I will be able to walk to pick my big kids (Austin and my extra) and then we can walk to pick up the little kids (Ellie and My extra). It is afternoon preschool, which I am really happy about. The girls will surly be done napping by then and while Jax sleeps and all the kids are at school I will have time to myself.... oh the possibilities!!!Ellie is still funny as ever and seriously makes me laugh every single day. I don't know what I would do without her humor in my life. This morning, The little girls were "camping" on the patio with pillows and blankets.... Ellie came in and says, "Mom, can we have some "Martian-mellows?" Too cute! Ellie is active and loves to play outside, swinging, running and practicing her Hula Hooping. She's getting pretty good! Ellie will get to start her first organized sport at the end of summer! Soccer! She's so excited! She has been Austins cheerleader for 3 years now and its finally her turn to show us what shes got!
This picture was taken on Ellie's last day of Preschool. She gave her Teacher some flowers... She was sporting a girl mohawk that day. I am sure other Mommies were thinking, "What is wrong with your mother?" But It seriosuly made her day, and Hey, she looked Good!!!
Jaxon:
Baby Jax is growing up to be such a sweet little guy. He is playful,loves to dance, and loves to throw things. Any toy is a ball to him. If you hand him a toy you better watch out because his next move will be to Huck it at you. Jax and I are being weaned:) from breastfeeding and it is going really well. He will still nurse 1-2 times a day, but is taking much more nutrients from his food and isn't so dependent on the breast. He is starting to snuggle me for purposes other than food and I love it. Jax fell down the stairs (yes, all the way down, bad Mommy, I know) and I was hoping it would scare him from them a little but no such luck. He must have his fathers sense of adventure.He still has no desire to walk, or even stand on his own, but I am slowly seeing some sense of balance emerging. He will now stand against furniture and let go, but he sort of lean with his tummy to keep himself up. I predict he won't walk for at least another month or two. He is into everything already though!!! I call him my tornado. He travels quickly around the house emptying drawers and cupboards and then moving onto more mischief.I can't tell you how many times a day I put pans back in the cupboard. Jaxon LOVES being outside. He likes to crawl around in the grass.(tons of rain in the last few weeks has kept him in though.)He has a swing on the swing set now and he loves that too. He likes to go bye bye and when people come over, and he knows they are leaving he will crawl over, get picked up, look and the door and wave"bye bye" and says "bye bye." He wants to go!!! He doesn't care where you are going, he just wants to get out and see things. He is such a little sweetie and I can't believe his birthday is only a few weeks away. It seems like I just brought him home last week in his cute little monkey shirt. Now I am working on his first Birthday party.... A "Monkey" Party naturally:).Even though It seems so recently that he joined our family, it also seems like he has always been with us, and I can't remember what it was like without our sweet little guy.
Chase and I have been having some trouble, which those of us close to us know all about. No detail needed here, but just know that it is a struggle but we are working on it. He is working on some issues that he owns completly, then we can try to rebuild "us". I am committed to my family and him. We attended Church last Sunday with some good friends of ours. I enjoyed going and was really happy that Chase chose to come too. Overall it was a good experince. I understood the point of the sermon, but I really need to read up on the bible if I am ever to understand all the refrences being made. I know Church will be good for our family.
I love your family!
ReplyDelete