
What he lacks in size he definitely makes up in personality. Jaxon is happy, playful, funny and sweet. The last year with Jax have been hectic but oh so fun. We are having an official party for Jax on Saturday, But this is how we spent his birthday.
Jax woke up as early as ever. Early enough to get Daddy snuggles before Chase left for work. He was being fairly crabby (I don't think he is a morning person) so I put him back in his bed in hopes he would catch a few more zzzz's. No such luck. So I told Ellie she could go in and say Good morning to Jax and sing him Happy Birthday. I heard her go in there and say to him... "Good morning you Big One Year old, Can you talk now???" (Silence) Then she comes in my room and lets me know that Jaxon may be one, but that he still can not talk. I think she expected a dramatic overnight transformation from baby to kid. I think she was a bit disappointed.
Jax had his one year old well child check this morning. My mom has since informed me that it is cruel to take your child to the doctor for shots on their birthday. He ended up getting a "cocktail" of MMR and Chickenpox vaccine... Two for the price of one. And he really only fussed and didn't actually cry. What a tough cookie. The doctor said he looked great! He weighs 19 pounds 3 ounces and is 28 3/4 inches tall.That puts him in the 6th percentile for weight and 20th for height.
We spent the rest of the day playing outside, and taking a few nap breaks. After Dinner we headed to McDonald's and had some ice cream to celebrate our big ONE year old. He enjoyed that a LOT.
On the way there he rode forward facing in a toddler seat and he thought that was pretty cool too.
When we got home he opened a few presents from Mom and Dad. A pop up toy and a potty chair.My Mom has also informed me that Getting Jax a potty chair for his birthday and throwing his bottles away today wasn't very nice either. Jax stopped nursing only a few weeks ago, and the bottle worked well to convince him he wouldn't die without breastfeeding. But now I am certain he will be fine with meals and his cup.
Yesterday Jax took 2 steps on his own and I am catching him standing alone for short periods of time more and more. I know it won't be long and he'll be walking (then running) and talking (and then talking back). For now though, he may be one... but he is still our little baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment