Friday, July 2, 2010

June (I think) 2010

I think it's June, But when I look outside I see March, Maybe April.We have thus far, been completely cheated out of summer, and even most of Spring. We are holding out hope though and have decided that if this is the only summer we will get we are gonna have to just go with it. "I don't care if its wet outside! Go play in the backyard without shoes!! Its summer Darn it!!!" Anyway......

Chase: Chase worked and raced. I wish I had more to say about him and what he does but that's about it.He did get a chance to visit his Best Friend from High School that was in town.That was nice and I wish he lived closer so he and Chase could hang out more. He's a very nice guy with a wonderful family.

Jessica: One memorable thing from my month was The Walk and Rock Fundraiser for the Tears Foundation. It was at Safco Field and I walked in honer of Baby Kylee. That whole thing was just so sad. Honestly, I can't imagine being in those parents shoes.However I saw hope there too. Grieving families now clutch tiny babies.... There were women walking with the names of their angel baby on the back of their TEARS shirt with the fronts stretched over Pregnant Belly's. What a huge amount of courage it must take for those families to try again for new life.Not at all replacing what is lost, but definetly showing hope and love for the future.
My friend Erica and I took our time on the way back from Seattle. We had lunch at Olive Garden and did a little shopping, but really, I just couldn't wait to get back to my babies.
School has ended so I am done volunteering,and there is definitely more time on my hands. My mission now is mostly to keep everyone entertained and happy. So far I think I am doing a pretty good job.


Austin: Austin was beyond thrilled when school got out. He kept saying that day (with very wide eyes) "I just can't believe I don't have to go back to school..." He finished First Grade Strong! I was so proud of him and his report card! He will have the same teacher for Second Grade. Second Grade sounds like such a big kid to me. (Sigh) So far this summer we have visited friends, gone to parks, rode bikes and went to the Children's Museum.....I am trying really hard to limit Austins video game time. Its tough though because honestly, It is summer and I want him to relax and enjoy himself. I just don't want him to turn into a mush head. Its a fine line but I am working on it. Austin went to an Auction with his Grandparents and he really enjoyed that. He also has shown an interest in Old Cowboy Movies with John Wayne in them. Yesterday we went to the Library and he checked out seven chapter books. It is so cute to see him on the couch reading thick books. So far he seems to like "GooseBumps" books which are scary(ish) stories. All children of the 90's will know exactly what I am talking about!!!
Bedtime on no school days for Austin usually means he can stay up as late as he wants, and sleep pretty much wherever he wants. I wasn't going to allow that every day of the summer though, so we compromised. He is to be in his room at 9 and lights out at 10. On weekends he still may stay up as late as he wants. Hopefully this will help me avoid a cranky 6 year old that isn't getting enough sleep, but still give him the freedom and independence that he loves.

Austin and His cousin Brycen at the Children's Museum

Ellie: Ellie loves being outside and riding her bike. A few nights ago I took Ellie on a bike ride around our block. She was able to ride up the entire hill by our house without stopping. Its not a mountain by any means but it is a very long incline. She is very much into watching the Races and cheering for her Daddy. She has been going to almost every one of his race. She will watch all the action and cheer Daddy on. She says when she is 5 she will race and I have no doubt in my mind that she will want to.Ellie has been much better behaved lately and I can tell she is growing up and becoming a "big kid." I look at her sometimes and she has gotten so tall in the past several months that I just think "Wow," Little Ellie isn't so little anymore. We went out on the boat last weekend and Ellie loved it! The water was so cold but She was the first kid to get in and swim around the boat in her life jacket. Caused Mommy anxiety in me, and caused the other kids, Austin and a few friends of ours kids, to jump in too!
I love this picture of Ell Bell.... Rockin her 80's outfit!
Jaxon: Jaxon is quickly making the transition from baby to toddler. He started taking more steps about a week ago.... About one week past his birthday. Now he CAN take many steps in a row, but CHOOSES not too most of the time. If I do try and coax him into walking he throws a major fit. If I sit back and watch he will do it on his own and smile big at me. A true Gilbert.... He will only do it if it is completely his idea. I am hearing more words too, and this morning (ok, I know its July, but I have to add it) we were on our way to Longview to Go to "Go 4th" with he kids. Almost the entire way down Jax was saying, "Dad,Dad,Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad, Dad..." And so on. It was adorable and we were just cracking up because it seemed like he was doing it to be obnoxious. Again...A true Gilbert.
Jaxons Big Birthday Bash at the park got rained out:( So instead we had a family only party and Grandma Dots. There were still tons of guests and we had a great time. He was not interested in eating his Birthday cake one bit. He stabbed it with the fork for awhile and got angry with me when I put a bite in his mouth. Jax got many fun new toys and it was really nice to see everyone. Here is a picture of Mr. Jaxon doing playdough for the first time.... He enjoyed poking at it and didn't eat (too) much:)


I am stoked right now because in a few weeks, Chase and I are leaving for 4 days to Vegas. It will be the longest I have been aways from any of my kids, and that is going to be tough. But Chase and I need to get aways together so much. I can't wait to relax by the pool and Discover a new place together.

One last picture.... also from the Capital. The boys look so alike in this one and Ellie has a typical grouchy girl face on!

1 comment:

  1. You're doing such an awesome job raising your kids. They're fantastic!

    ReplyDelete