This evening was Jaxon's first night in his big boy bed. It is just about the coolest little bed any little boy could want. It was Austins bed, then our little buddy Spencer's, and now Jaxon can enjoy it. He was excited and got right in. I kissed him good night and went down stairs, only to turn around seconds later to realize he had followed me down. It was so hard not to laugh at his precious face smiling up at me. So we trucked back up there, and then he didn't think it was so cool. He got put back in the bed about 6 times, and cried for about 10 minutes before he fell asleep. I do suspect some naptime battles, but tonight could have gone much, much worse.
After he was tucked in Austin, Ellie, Chase and I had a family game night. We played War, Kerplunk and Connect Four. Ellie beat me at Connect Four (for reals) and Austin ended up winning the "tournament".
I made a resolution to exercise more and hope that results in loosing 20 pounds this year.Chase also wants to exercise more and be more active, he also joked that he wouldn't break anymore bones.
2010 was a busy year for us, but also a year of memories and milestones. We continue to stick together, work through challenges and make the best of everyday. Its not hard when you wake up everyday to a family like ours. Sure we fight and make each other crazy... But above all else there is love and friendship in our home.Someday life for us will slow down,there will be less on the schedule and more time to relax. 2011 isn't the year for it though!!!! I am ready for all the madness and chaos coming my way!
Happy New Year!
Those are all great resolutions!
ReplyDeleteI Love you so very much, and as I read this Blog you are creating it makes realize that I am indeed the Luckiest Mother and Grandmother in the world. I am indeed thrilled that God chose you to be my Baby Girl. <3
ReplyDelete