Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February 2011



Chase and Jessica- I refuse to use my blog as a public forum to complain about my marriage and spread to the world about rough spots in our life. But I also refuse to always profess a perfect life and relationship. I generally live in a world that I like to call "sparkles and rainbows" but looking back on my marriage I know it has at times been difficult and I never want to forget that we have fought hard to get where we are. I don't think years from now if my kids read the blog and come upon this post about trouble in our marriage that it would be a bad thing. I want them to know that it is not always easy, but that you stick together through thick and thin. Quitting is not an option. Walking away could be an easy out, but THEY are worthy of having our Family.That being said, and without going into personal details, Chase and I once again passed a crossroad. I could have chosen a way out to get past the hurt and deceit but I remain committed to working through whatever comes our way. Chase too, knows that our family is most important, and he is making an effort to change some things. And now onto the sparkles and Rainbow of our lives, The reason we stick it out, and the reason we breathe.






Austin- Austin is officially Seven and a half. He is so much more big kid now than little kid. Sometimes I am so busy with the little ones that I sort of overlook just how big he is getting. I took him grocery shopping with me the other night, and it was nice to get out with just him. Since Austin is mostly big kid now, his attitude is also mostly big kid. He get easily annoyed with his parents and sister... (still seems to have plenty of patience for Jax) and has come up with many snarky comebacks for conversation sake. His mouth got him in trouble for the first time at school this month, and his teacher gave me a call to explain. Apparently he was asked to pull a ticket for horsing around in line, and he rolled his eyes with a "OH MY GOSH" remark. I really think he is a teenager trapped in a 7 year old body.


Austin's reading fluency has really taken off. He is capable of reading at a fifth grade level with 100 percent score on the AR comprehension tests. His Current Favorite Series is Diary of a Wimpy Kid. His Teacher gave him a challenge to read a non-fiction book, so he is also reading Biography on George Washington.


Austin is confusing...... He loves wrestling, and he is super good. He is tough, and competitive and seems to have some natural ability. We went away to a Wrestling Match in Portland and he brought home a third place medal out of 12 wrestlers. The reason he is Confusing though, is now he is done. He doesn't want to do it anymore. We ask why, he says I don't know, I just don't.


So after many battles with my self about whether or not we should let him quit, we decided that he is done. If he doesn't want to do it anymore, we can't make him. Chase and I are both slightly bummed. We loved watching him compete, and seeing how jazzed up he got after matches. But we are not going to make him do it if he doesn't want to. Maybe when he gets a bit older he will want to start up again.


I think about the Little Guy Austin is becoming, and I sit here and just smile. I remember exactly the way he was as a baby, and it really doesn't seem that long ago. I am very proud of my First Born.... Every single Day.


Ellie-Ellie has been in a "mood" lately. Anyone with a little girl knows exactly what kind of mood I am referring to. She has been argumentative and defiant and so so silly. She says the craziest things..... Tonight at bedtime as I tucked her in, I reminded her that she is my favorite Daughter.... She giggled and said something about me being her favorite Pumpkin Head. I don't even know!!!:)


Ellie has been very much into playing dolls lately. Every Tuesday when it is her show and Share day at School, she will cram a different baby doll into her backpack. They are always named Miley, and they are always naked. She is currently potty training a few of her dolls. While I work with Jax on using the potty, she works with Miley. Its pretty darn cute.


Ellie has been enjoying staying the night with whoever will take her lately... I think it makes her feel very grown up. I also think it is good for her to get away and have some time to herself. Lets face, it, I am pretty awesome, but even I don't want to be around me ALL the time!


On Valentines Day, Ellie's "Husband" Spencer brought her over a little cake that he decorated himself. That was very sweet. They played together for awhile, and after he let we cut her special cake in half so she could share it with her little friend Chloe. That was a fun day. Ellie loved Valentines Day this year. She proudly wrote her name, and her friends names on each of their Valentines. For Dinner that Day we had pink French Toast and Pink Milk. Ellie's Favorite color is pink, so that was extra fun for her. We called it Pinkalicious.



Jaxon- I can't even believe that before long, I will need to start planning Jaxon's second birthday. My baby will be 2 in 4 months. Sigh.


He is such a good baby. And I am not just saying that because I think he is perfect... He always says please, and Thank You, usually without being asked. He is speaking very well, and beginning to pronounce some words correctly, which makes me sad.... He says "bus" now, not "dus" and the way he says "cookie" so precisely is so so adorable. I find myself giving him cookies just so he will say cookie.


Potty training is going well. We are in underwear at all times now unless he is with a sitter, or we will be gone from the house for a long time. He is telling me when he needs to go, but it is usually after he has dribbled a bit in the underwear.


We just got through about a week of snow, and Jax loved to walk around in it. He would put on his "boops" (boots) and just walk around the yard. It was precious.


Of all my kids, I think that Jax and our dog, Charlie, have bonded the most. Charlie always snuggles up to Jax on the couch, and Jax loves to hug on Charlie. He hangs out with him in his kennel and loves to throw his toys for him.He does get a little rough at times, but I can see them being really good friends for a long time.


Jax is still head over heels in love with chocolate milk. He will toddle into our room in the morning after his sister lets him out of his room. He climbs up into my bed.... snuggles in close.... Puts an arm over Mommy..... smiles......... and says "chaaa-chaaa Duce." He will say it over and over and over and over and smoosh his face into mine while he says it. He is relentless. So that's what usually gets me out of bed in the morning.





That's about it. This month has been laid back and we have not really done much. I think everyone in my house is looking forward to spring when we can get outside more. Play outside in the dirt days sound pretty good right now.


1 comment:

  1. Sunshine and rainbows are usually appreciated more after the storm than before. I love you guys and your commitment to your family - that's why they are such awesome kids. =)

    ReplyDelete