
I am once again a self proclaimed blog slacker. I will partially blame it on the really crappy Internet service I have had for several months now. I can not use my computer between about 4 and 11 PM. My usual blogging takes place after my wee ones are tucked into bed for the night. It is also the fact that I have been even more super crazy busy than normal and although I can't tell you exactly what else has been going on, I can say that some days I feel like I don't ever sit down. Its a good thing breathing is involuntary or I probably wouldn't have time to do that either.
I lost my camera. I don't know where I even had it last which makes searching for it even more difficult. Considering I have a toddler who likes to throw things in the trash for me, I may even be wasting my time looking. It gives me anxiety to not have a camera. Really cute things happen here everyday, and I like to take pictures of them. I am looking into buying a new one, but I think I may get a little nicer one this time. If it is bigger, it would be harder to loose, right? Thats another reason I have not blogged. I have not taken picture of anything in almost a month. Luckily, I have friends who like to take pictures of my kids!
Austin: Austins countdown to summer is in full force right now. He enjoys school but is ready for a break. I am starting to get grouchy groans coming from under his blankets when I wake him up for school in the morning. He changes his attitude quickly when he realizes that if he treats me with an attitude, I am not very pleasant either. The most memorable Austin moment from the last few months was our family trip to Great Wolf Lodge. That place is probably his favorite place on earth, and this time, he was tall enough for the "Howlin Tornado". The look on his face the first time down was priceless.He was absolutely terrified but he loved every second of it!
Austins days after school are spent playing outside if its nice. he likes to play in the "woods" by our house. I say "woods" because it is really only a very small wooded area, but the boys love to get away in there and build forts or whatever it is they do back there. The rule is, If I yell for you, and you can't hear me, then You have gone to far. When given permission to go play in the "woods" he always has to run inside for weapons first, and then he and his buddies take off towards the trees.
Austin is not doing baseball this year, but is finishing up a swim lesson session that has gone well. He has learned the backstroke pretty well.
Austin continues to love Lego's. Mostly the little people that come with them and he can make up great battle scenes and acts the battle out very enthusiastically.
Ellie: Ellie is getting over an ear infection right now, so t he last few weeks with her have been interesting. I have learned from Ellie that when she isn't feeling quite right she is a bear.I don't mean a fuzzy cute one either.She is uncontrollably emotional and hard to reason with. Her teacher even commented that she was being "bossy". That would be the only negative thing her teacher has ever said about her.Ellie loved our Great Wolf trip too. This time she was tall enough for more of the big kids slides and she loved the River Run. We would go down with her crazily laughing the whole way down and then at the bottom she would scream "Again"!! She is such a daredevil!
Ellie's days are spent at school and playing with her best friend Chloe. Those two get along 99% of the time and its a sweet friendship that I hope will always last. Some days they are sisters and some days they are twins. Chloe and Ellie are also in Ballet together, and they are getting ready for their very first Recital. Ellie is pretty excited about it, although I really don't think she knows what to expect. I am curious to see if she gets any stage fright in front of all those people.Ellie looks beautiful in her recital outfit. I am proud her, and can't wait to watch the little girls preform their little dance on the great big stage. They have worked really hard!
Ellie loves to ride her bike outside, and is not happy just riding up and down the road. She has to take it off road, through the grass and off curbs. It cracks me up because she is such a little tomboy, yet her baby doll is in its bike seat, along for the ride. She is a great little Mommy to her dolls. Dressing them for the day and before bed, changing diapers and wrapping them up. Its very sweet. Their names are always Miley, Cauilou and Rosie. This part of Ellie reminds her of me when I was little. I loved my dolls too.
Jaxon: Jaxon is almost 2! Where have the last two years gone.....??? He is such a big boy already. Daddy and I can understand 99% of what he says now. He speaks sentences often. Just in the last few days, he has started to tell me when he needs to Poop. This was the last sign I was waiting for before I considered him potty trained. Jax has become an early riser. Often he is up before six. Then he is too crabby to wait till normal nap time. He is a lot like Ellie in that if he is tired, nothing in his world can go right. This morning, he went in to wake Ellie up before he even came to my room. Tonight I am going to gate the hallway between Jaxons and Ellies rooms. Hopefully that will be a quick and easy fix to two crabby kids instead of just one!
Jax loves to play outside on swings and on his bike. He will often speak in third person and say "Push Jaxon on Swing set?" or "Jaxon ride Jaxons bike?" Its super cute. Sometimes Chase and I will just watch him and admire him. He is so cute and sweet. I don't know if it is becasue we know he is our last little baby to hold, or that he really is that stinkin cute. Either way, I wish I could slow down his growing up.

My favorite thing Jax does happens when I come inside after being gone. It doesn't matter if I have been gone for 5 minutes or all day. He will smile big and say "Mommy's here!" Then he will have to tell Daddy, "Mommy's here!" and I get big hugs. I also like in the mornings when I take off his wet night diaper. He will pull his jammie pants back up and say "That's much better!" And he does this sweet nodding smile.
Seriously, My kids are awesome. I know I am lucky. The other night, I was really looking forward to a night out. We had plans with another couple, and then it fell through because I couldn't find a sitter. I was disappointed I couldn't hang out with my friends. But the kids and I decided to have a "slumber party" that night. We camped out in the living room with tons of blankets and it turned out to be an excellent Night. I like hanging out with my kids. They are genuinely fun little people. I am happy to call my kids my friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment