On Thursday June 9th I was with Ellie and her preschool class on a field trip to Charlie's Safari. Ellie was off playing with her little friends and I would occasionally catch a glimpse of her in the toys smiling and having fun. I was coming back from a trip to the potty with Jax, and Here comes Ellie's teacher, holding a sobbing Ellie.Ellie is not a child that cries over an injury easily, and she isn't one who will sit around feeling sad after an injury either. So after about twenty minutes of her sitting out of playtime complaining about her arm, I started to worry it may be something more serious. On the way home however she was saying it felt better, and although she was still very somber, I was thinking it was probably OK. After we got home we went down to a friends, and she swam in the pool for awhile, and then was riding a razor scooter.

She wrecked on the scooter, tearing open her knee. She came to me crying and holding her wrist again, not even seeming to notice the knee scrape. So that night I took her to Urgent Care, they X-rayed her and found a small wrist fracture. I was so amazed at that moment of how tough Ellie is. Yes, she cried, but very little. So my little girl is sporting a nice purple cast. She only has to wear it for three weeks, and so far, has handled it like a champ. She loves "sink baths" can still ride her bike, and is letting friends sign it. She of course had to sign it too! I am hoping this is Ellie's last cast as well as her first but I am not so sure. In fact... At Jaxon's birthday party, my family and I found it hysterical that Miss Ellie in a cast was trying to ride her brothers bike down the slide. Yup, That's my girl.
And if that were not enough for my stress meter, the day after Ellie got her cast we were at the neighbors house and the kids were doing some play dough with friends. Jax was at the table, and I heard a thud and then crying. I thought nothing of it, like I said, bumps and bonks everyday around here.

As soon as I picked Jax up and checked out his face though I knew this was not just a kiss and make it better kinda owie. I could tell right away he had a small but deep gash right on his forehead. I believe I said a four letter word, and turned him around to show the other Mommies for some other Mommy opinions. They agreed it needed more than a band aid, so we were again off to Urgent Care. A friend drove me, and I had Chase meet me there, because I was not sure if my Mommy heart could allow me to hold my screaming toddler down to be stitched up. Luckily, all they did was glue it and Jax handled it like a tough guy. He played with some stickers while we waited, and when the nurse came in and began to glove up, Jax started covering his mouth with his hand. He always does that when he is nervous, or freaked about something. Like a loud noise or anything that makes him feel uncomfortable.
I hope we are done with ER trips for awhile.
No comments:
Post a Comment