
Ellie had her first Dance Recital on May 21st 2011. This has been her first year with Nancy Grey at Allen Creek Dance Studio. She has absolutely loved every second of it. On the 20th she had dress rehearsal on the big stage at R. E. Bennett Auditorium in Chehalis. Seeing her up on that big stage brought tears to my eyes. Her Teacher choose her to be a leader in their routine because she said Ellie had great leadership skills.
The day of the big show Ellie got a little stage fright. She didn't want me to leave her backstage and got all teary. I am a tough love Momma, so I gave her a kiss and walked away, knowing that she would be just fine, and me being there would only make her more emotional.When it came time for her class and their dance, she came prancing out onto the stage with a huge smile on her face. It went perfectly. I am so glad she had that chance, and she seems to want to do it again next year. I think it has been great for her! It grows confidence, self esteem and it is great for Mommies to oooh and aaaah over.
No comments:
Post a Comment