Friday, December 11, 2009

My Sweet Big Boy

Austin has always had a soft, kind heart. As a toddler he rarely got into trouble, and was always kind to the other kids in Mommy's Daycare. I always thought I was lucky that he was so well behaved and obedient. And when I had Ellie I knew that I indeed had it easy with Austin. A few things he has done in the last few days have reminded me what a gentle soul he has.

First there has been a "situation" at school between him and a little girl. Apparently they are quite the item, and although he never talks to Daddy or I about it, This little girls Momma and I happen to be friends. She said Austin knows just what to say, Even telling her he likes her eyes! Seriously!!!?? I laughed so hard when I heard this because that was his Daddy's line on me 9 years ago!!! The teacher has had to talk a bit to them about "appropriate" school behavior,although its nothing more than friendly Pushing and playing around we did talk with him about doing school work when its work time and do his playing at recess. Its sweet to me and I know that it will be just a phase like everything else in a six year olds life... But for now they are fond of each other. I hope they can always be friends.

Another touching Austin moment happened yesterday when he came home from school.Chase was laying on the couch, and Austin wanted to know what was wrong. When Chase told him he had a surgery so that Mommy and Daddy couldn't have anymore babies he got upset. I never thought about him having a reaction like that. He actually cried and said" When Jax grows up we won't have any babies around here.."

Chase and I hardly ever get to sleep in. Mostly because of a sweet three year old. Lately Austin has been trying to help us out (probably because I am a cranky tired lady). A few weeks ago I had heard the kids up, but there was no fighting or crying going on so I continued to doze for a bit. When I finally pulled myself out of bed I had to smile about what I found. Austin had turned a movie on in his room,and Ellie Austin and Jax were all IN Jaxons crib.... They all grinned at me so I of coarse grabbed the video camera. Had it happened when Jax was smaller (and more breakable) I woulda flipped, but it was sweet, and they were happy.
This morning Austin helped out with Ellie again. I found them downstairs on the couch with blankies, and Austin had poured a huge (adult sized) glass of milk and they were sharing it. Just hanging out together having milk and relaxing on the couch.
Sometimes they fight, Annoy each other and argue. But at the end of the day, or even early in the morning they really do love and care for each other. When I had Ellie I worried so much about what I was taking from Austin. One on One time, being the center of our world, and having to share everything in his life. But when I had Jax I didn't worry about it a bit because I know whatever they have to "give up" to have a sibling is totally worth it. They add so much to each others lives and even thought they fight (and I know the worst is yet to come) They always have each other.
I hope Austin always lets his light shine.

1 comment:

  1. Austin sure is a sweet kid. Makes me glad he's Calvin's friend!!

    ReplyDelete