Monday, November 30, 2009

What we have been up to... November 2009

Chase: Chase was able to do a bit of indoor racing this month and that is always fun for him...I never go because the logistics of having three kids at a race track all day is exhausting just thinking about. Austin did go and watch once. And I hope that next year I will be able to go and cheer him on. I am after all, his biggest fan. This picture is from a race awhile ago.




Chase spent this entire weekend putting Christmas lights up on our house. I swear, he is like spider man... Climbing all over our second story roof like its nothing. At our house these types of things are called "Daddy Jobs."


Jessica: The one thing I did this month that stands out to me was my first ever Black Friday Shopping Experience. I went with Kristi, and we left my house at ten thinking we would get up to Olympia by 11 and sit in the car and pump (we are both breast feeding)... Yea, not so much. By the time we got there there was already a Long line, and by midnight the entire parking lot was so full of people. They opened the door and it was like a mad rush to get in. I instantly thought, I am not going to get trampled to death over toys, but they quickly shut the doors again, and people calmed down... After Toys R Us we headed to the outlets and ended up home about 4:30 in the morning.


This Picture is of Kristi and I waiting in the rain to shop.


Jessica and Chase: We took a mini break-ation to Ocean Shores to celebrate our 8 year anniversary, which was on November 17th. We had a really great time, kid free for 24 hours... We did a bit of Christmas shopping in Aberdeen, Went to our hotel to check in, and then went to the Quinault Casino. I lost miserably bu t Chase was winning enough to keep us playing. I was so excited to sleep in! But that didn't happen... By 6:30 AM my breasts were hurting so bad I had to get up to pump. Oh well. We had a really great time. I think getting away as a couple is so important for people with young kids. I think too often you get trapped in everyday routines and you honestly forget why you fell in love with that person to begin with. Life with three kids is stressful, Life gets tough and we take it out on each other. But what do ya know, We still like each other.

Austin- November and December for School ages kids means you are out of school more than you are in school. Kids don't mind but it is rough on parents. Not that I mind him being home, but Ellie is used to ruling the roost from 8-3 on weekdays so the two of them had a hard time getting along more than they are used to. His conference went well. His teacher had very nice things to say about him. She says he is a hard and independent worker, which is unusual for a boy. He got above average in all areas and even a few Exceeds Expectations even though the teacher said she doesn't like to give those out until the end of the year. I really think his teacher pushes the kids just enough to get the best out of them, but still be fun.
While driving in the car last week Austin says.."so, uh Mom, When can I get a girlfriend?" I hid the giggles and answered his question, but I can't help from wondering where this came from. He has shown no interest thus far, and it seems so out of the blue. Austin is definitely growing up and I am proud of the little man he is becoming.






Ellie~ Hmmm. Whats new in Ellie's world?? Besides her normal three going on fourteen attitude Ellie has developed new ways to be sassy.... Much more hand talking and expressive eyes. She argues over everything and honestly can even convince me of whatever it is she is talking about. I try not to give in but she is just so damn funny. Chase and I will exchange "oh my gosh, Don't laugh" glances.
Ellie started Swimming lessons again after about 10 months off and during her first session she was acting a little unsure. But by the second session she was back to feeling comfortable in the water. She will put her goggles on and go under, jump in unassisted and listens well to her teacher. I hope they will let her be in the "without my mommy" class next session so I can do swimming with Jaxon. So my goal for her for this session is to listen to the teacher without Mommies guidance so they will allow her to be in Kinder 1 next session and not Water tots.
She is doing well in Preschool and her first school picture turned out so adorable. Teacher Jan always says she is well behaved and told me she was impressed with her puzzle skills.

Ellie's PreK pic

At home Ellie has been fighting for her turn on our computer now. She manages the mouse well and as long as she only clicks on the game screen she can play with no assistance. I think we need a "kids computer" so Chase and I will have a fighting chance to have our turns too.


Jaxon: The last month Jax has grown so much! He is eating lots of new foods, and even had a cracker at the end of this month. He is rolling front to back and back to front consistently now.Which is good for development but bad for his Mommy and her sleep. He is a tummy only sleeper, so in the middle of the night when I hear him jabbering away, I know I will find him on his back. If he gets rolled over he thinks it surely must be playtime and so he will lay there and kick and holler...at 3AM it isn't so cute. I flip him back on his tummy and pat his butt awhile and he'll go back to sleep.He is so vocal! The other two kiddos were early talkers as well, but I don't remember them babbling this much so early on! He jabbers all the time!! He has all kinds of good things to say. Today Kristi brought over a Johnny Jump Up for Jax to borrow because he really is obsessed with Jumping. Anytime he is held he is bouncing. So we hung it up and put him in and he immediately knew what to do. I think he is part frog.I am excited to have Jax here with us for Christmas. I know he won't have a clue but its so fun introducing kids to the wonder of Christmas so i have been having a great time singing him Christmas songs and showing him all the pretty lights. I can't wait to get his photo-op with Santa before he is big enough to pitch a fit about it. Christmas is so much fun when you have kids.I am probably more excited for Christmas with my kids than I ever was about Chrismtas as a child.





No comments:

Post a Comment