Austin Jaxon and Ellie on Christmas Eve at Grandma and Papa's House
Chase- He spent December the same way he spends every other month.. Working hard to support our family. He did enjoy a few extra days off here and there for the holidays and was blessed with a large, unexpected bonus from work. I can tell that his boss truly appreciates him and he is valuable to the Company. I am proud of him. The money came at a great time as we were able to spend at Christmas time with no worries on how it would affect our budget.
A not-so-pleasant Event for Chase this month was the dreaded Vasectomy (insert scary music here). He wasn't nervous at all going into it, but recovery was much worse than either of us had expected.... We didn't do any research and his procedure was much more invasive than it could have been. We are both glad that that is behind him. Our family is complete. That feels good.
This picture is Daddy playing TeatherBall with the kids.. He had just set it up after they got it for Christmas.
Jessica- Lots of Holiday happenings at the Kid's schools kept me going more than usual. During Christmas Vacation I worked at a friend of mines in home Daycare in Winlock. I really enjoy group care from time to time, and although I do not miss the hours every day I can say I sometimes miss being surrounded by 10 faces smiling at you and keeping them entertained. The downfall was waking up and packing the kids up to go there every morning for two weeks. Pulling my sleeping sweetie out of his warm bed to put him into the cold car made me thankful that is was only temporary.
I was just as excited for Christmas this year as I ever was as a child. I was so excited about the gifts we had chosen for our kids and I couldn't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning.
Chase and I going to Mary McCranks for the IFT Christmas Party
Austin- Christmas couldn't get here fast enough for our big boy. He woke up every morning and went straight to our Christmas Countdown, and then would report to us exactly how many days left till Christmas. He just couldn't wait!
Indoor soccer ended just before Christmas. It was very different than outdoor soccer and I am not sure if he will play that again. Austin was able to be in the Santa Parade in Chehalis with his cub scout pack.It was so cold that day but we stood there waiting and waiting and when their float came by, and I saw my boy there waving and smiling I was one proud Momma... What a fun thing for him to get to do! Another fun thing in Austins life this month was winning a 7 inch flatcreen TV at a school Assembly. It was the "Grand Prize" and although we don't really know how it will be useful he was so pumped bringing that home in his backpack. So that dinky little TV is pretty much priceless to us.
Austin has had a great break from school, staying up late and sleeping downstairs means Austin is on vacation. Christmas finally arrived and Christmas morning Austin got a Wii! I will never forget his face on Christmas morning... He even did a little dance that very much resembled the Pee Wee Herman Dance, which is funny because he has NEVER even seen that show. He loved all his gifts and showed appreciation while receiving them. That is a hard thing for kids to learn, but I think he's got it.
Austin playing the Wii, Christmas Morning
Ellie Belle- Unfortunately most of Ellie's month she has been sick. From pink eye, to ear infections, to sinus infections, to her now persistent "smoker hack." When will it end?? Even though she had the sickies this month she still had lots of fun... She finished up swimming lessons, and ended it on the last day by going down the huge water slide at the pool. I don't know what made her more proud, the fact that she did it, or the fact that she remembered that her brother had not done it. We were proud too. She is such a brave girl!
Ellie had her very first Christmas Program at Preschool this year. She didn't know many of the words because she had been sick during practice days at school, but she sure looked cute. I can't remember any of the songs, but I can remember EXACTLY how she looked in her little red Christmas dress.And I hope I never forget.
Christmas with Ellie was exciting this year because she was old enough to have anticipation. She didn't have a concept of when Christmas would finally come, but she did know she wanted to see what was in those packages under the tree. She was so cute because after helping me wrap gifts she got pretty good at it. So she would wrap up random things Like Christmas cards and put them under the tree. So while Chase and I were sorting gifts we found all kinds of random little tagless presents. I have to say though, the girl got pretty good at wrapping.
Santa brought Ellie a dollhouse. Its almost as tall as her and it came with twin babies and lots of furniture. I am hoping it will encourage her to do some solo play, but I won't hold my breath on that one. One added bonus from having a 3 year old girl at Christmas was her being truly excited opening clothes. Boys just open enough to recognize that is it in fact clothing, but my little girl would oooo, and ahhh and hold it up to admire.She is very fond of the glittery pink shoes from Momma and Daddy. I know she will wear those out before she outgrows them.....
One random Ellie-funny for the month: Ellie was pokin at Grandma's belly and said "Grandma, You are Kinda Chunky".... Then she poked a little more, looked thoughtful and said..."Actually, you kinda got two chunks..." Ok, I have seriously told that story dozens of times, and I am still cracking up as I type it.
My funny little girl put shoes on Otis one morning. What a great sense of Humor this girl has!!
Jaxon- Jaxon too has had the crud this month. Not quite as bad as big sis, but he is on his first round of antibiotics. You would think after 2 kids I would be less of a worry wart with the third, but I am not. I rush him into the doctor just to be sure... and the second trip of the month he actually had a sinus infection. My poor baby guy. It doesn't slow him down though, and he isn't crabby at all. He still smiles from ear to ear and is his normal, very bouncy self.
Having a baby at Christmas time always makes it more special. He was really too little to know what was going on but I do feel like he picked up on his siblings excitement. He got so many new toys! He tried to to open his presents but pretty much just ate the paper.He looked so cute on Christmas Eve wearing a little Santa Suit. It was the Same little Santa Suit that Austin wore on his very first Chritmas 6 years ago.
He had his 6 month appt. this month. I really can't believe he is half a year already. He weighed 15 pounds, 9 ounces and was 25 3/4th inches tall. He is growing well and the Doctor said he looks great. That is always nice to hear. I talked to her about him starting to wake 2 times during the night to nurse and she gave me "permission" to let him cry it out. That is not easy for any mommy but I can say that is worked like a charm. After only 3 nights of going cold turkey on middle of the night feedings I am happy to report that he is once again sleeping through the night. He does still wake around 5:30 AM to nurse but since his bedtime is 7:30, that's a pretty good stretch. What a good boy.
Jaxon has turned into such a little love bug. He gives the greatest kisses. He grabs ahold of my face with both hands and plants his big, open mouth on the first part of my face that it lands... Usually my chin. His love hurts as 10 little dagger nails dig into my skin, and he finds the little hairs on the back of my neck. I have to pry his sweet drooling face off mine. But you know what? Those are the sweetest little kisses I could ever get. I hope he always likes to snuggle momma as much as he does now.
Jaxon eating, I mean, uh, opening a gift on Christmas Eve.
I hope everyone has much love and Happiness in 2010. I am looking forward to our everyday and making memories along the way.
I have to laugh because half the time I was reading your blog I thought it was so similar to my last entry - not that it was copied or anything, but that our kids did so many similar things. And as you describe Jaxon's kisses, I'm just thinking of how Gideon's are the same way. So even though this stuff is normal for kids this age, it's still so magical experiencing it!
ReplyDelete