Jax has mastered the stairs! Well, going up them at least. I have yet to find out if he can safety travel down, but I am thinking no. The gate is up at the bottom the majority of the time, but every once in a while he will see an opening and goes for it. He can make it to the top in about 20 seconds flat and I love chasing him up because he will keep looking back and me, giggling and climb more! Then when he reaches the top he sits up there and looks at me like "HA! Do you see what I just did???"
Jax made it to the top! See how proud he is?
Jax already has 6 teeth which is much earlier than my other two. Chase and I notice a few weeks ago that he uses his crib rail as a tether. Who knows how many hours he has spent standing in his bed just gnawing away!!
Jaxon's babbles are starting to sound like words and even though the average Joe won't understand, I sure do! He will hold a phone to his ear and say "HiDada." That ones plain as day and others have heard it as well. He also waves and says Hi.He says sissy, but is sounds like "s-s-s-s-s-s". It amazes me how much babies can communicate with no words. He will come to me, and I pick him up, he will look at the door and sort of throw his body in that direction, then wave bye bye. I usually have to take a step out and walk out to the driveway a little or his persistence will turn into a fit of "I WANT TO GO OUT." He will do the hand gesture of all done now when he is done with a meal and shakes his head no quite well when I tell him no.... What a little stinker!!!! I need to begin planning his birthday party and it saddens me a little. I seriously can't believe how he has turned into a little toddler already. This summer I am looking forward to watching him toddle (or crawl if he takes after bro and sis and walks late) around the yard outside... To watch him explore the outside world and enjoy the sun.
I am so thankful to have him, my third little baby. I remember everyday how lucky I am that he is here.Each one of my children is special to me in a little different way. Austin is so special because he made me a mother. He was the first little person that held my heart completely and everything with him was so easy. I was a new Mom but he was such a gentle spirit and so calm that parenting came very naturally. From the moment Ellie came into this world she has chosen to rock the boat but I actually think her personallity made me a better mother. I had to learn to let go of control a little and realize I wasn't perfect and I couldn't fix everything.I don't have all the answers. She continues to this day doing things her very own way.She is such a firecracker! She is such a smart and fun little girl. My little grand Finale Jax has the same laid back personality as Austin and I think he is so special because he has been the first baby that I got to truly be a "stay at home mom" with. This has made me enjoy him even more than our first two. With Jax I have learned to slow down a lot. To Take time to just be with him and enjoy him. The good things, the bad things and all the little things that makes me love being "Mommy."
Gideon and I frequently do the "slow dance" while I make dinner too. Such sweet memories.
ReplyDelete