After we checked in the hotel we headed to Lloyd Center which was just a few minutes away from our hotel.I didn't like it at all. Ok, let me re-phrase that. I love that mall and I really really want to go back! (Without my kids). I had some Mommy anxiety which I almost never get, but that mall was too croweded and I didn't feel like I could keep track of everyone... We had dinner, played in the arcade and watched the ice skaters then headed back to the hotel. The kids loved playing in the pool before bed and even Jax loved splashing around!
Sunday morning we got up freakishly early as we always manage to do. Jax had a nap at 7:15 AM and so I took the kids back to swim. By 9 AM we were loaded up and headed to OMSI. The kids (and our) favorite part was the laser light show. I will never forget holding Jax so he could watch and feeling his still little body and catching glimpses of his sweet face in the dark, His eyes wide and alert.He was mesmorized, to him it was pure magic! He laid so still for the entire 30 minute show, Just staring upwords. Austin and Ellie loved it too! We had the entire place to ourselves, so the kids ended laying on the carpet staring up at the light show!
The rest of the museum was fun but a little above my kids head. They did have fun tinkering with the exhibits and there was a special room for kids six and under that they spent a good deal of time in. Austin and Ellie expecially loved the sand area.
The kids all spent the entire drive back sleeping and Chase and I spent the entire drive back trying not to. We had a great weekend building memories and I have new appritation for small town life where I feel safe to let me children out of arms reach.
Way to be spontaneous!! Looks like lots of fun.
ReplyDelete