Saturday, April 28, 2012

Quarterly??? Blog

It has been four months since my last Blog Post. Lots has gone on in our little world and I know I am bound to forget some little moments that I had wanted to remember always. In the last four months, the kids have grown in lots of ways and we had a great Family Vacation.

Chase: Chase has been spending some time getting his bikes ready for the outdoor racing season which starts in May. Our weekends will get a whole lot busier when that starts. I am not sure which of Chases's racing little buddies (if any) will be joining him this Spring.  He is staying busy with work, and the kids activities have kept us both running.
Chase decided to loose a bit of weight and started counting his calories. The extra weight came off quick and he ended up loosing about 15 pounds in just a few weeks.

I guess that's it. I feel kinda bad because there is so much more to Chase than I put here. He spends his days working and his nights being a Dad. It sounds so simple but I can't begin to express how grateful I am that he is a loving and devoted Dad. He is consistent and the kids can count on him to wrestle, check homework, read stories and be "Mom" to give me a break when needed.  I hope knows he can count on us as much as we count on him.

Me: I have been dieting for close to a year now, and I am happy to say I weigh less now than... well..... than I can remember. I was 152 When I married Chase, and am about 135 now. Even though my body is no where near in the shape it was pre-baby, I feel GREAT. I went swimsuit shopping and while I still don't think I look "hot" and would never wear a bikini, At least I looked at myself in the mirror and it didn't make me want to vomit.:)
We have been busy busy busy with kids sports. Right now, between Ellie and Austin's baseball teams, we are at the fields 6 days a week. CRAZY! I can't imagine what life will soon be like if we end up with 3 kids in sports at the same time. It makes my head spin just thinking about it. It makes me again grateful for our "forever family" because I can not imagine having to do all this as a single Mom. I am also feel Thankful that we have Grandmas and Papas that can help us run kids here and there, and also just to be an extra cheering section for them.
I am very content with life. My youngest baby is at an age that he is less needy and can tag along more with his siblings I have a support and friend group out here in Napavine that I LOVE. I am so lucky and not a day goes by that I don't realize it. It sounds so cliche but I LOVE my life. I can invite a friend or two over at any time, all the kids will hang out, and the Mommies can chat. I know close friendships are normally few and far between and I am fortunate enough to fill up all my fingers and even some toes of people whom I consider to be very close friends. I am a lucky, happy girl.

Austin: My first Baby is almost 9. I know he is rapidly approaching  his teen years and his attitude frequently shows that. Some days he is sweet as pie, helpful and loving. Other days he is moody and selfish and lazy. You never know which Austin you are going to get. I know its his age, and I know that deep down, he is a genuinely loving and caring kid. With maturity and experiences I have confidence that he will learn to think more outside himself. I am still so proud of all he does. He is the top reader in his class. His report card was great, with only one B and the rest A's. He works hard at school, applies  himself, and is well behaved and respectful at school.


He is playing Baseball this year after not playing for a few years. He is doing very very well. He loves being competitive, sometimes a little too much, and he loves to be part of a team.
Austin's spends his days after  school playing video games or playing outside with neighborhood buddies. He is lucky to have his best friend live just a few doors down. Hopefully that will help this summer with the "I'm board." He is still obsessed with all things football and has a ridiculous amount of football cards. He has always been a collector (hoarder) and he is rapidly filling albums with his "rare" and "valuable" cards.



Ellie: Ellie is in a great stage right now. Not to say that she is never a behavior issue, but for the most part she is helpful,caring and eager to please. She is finishing up her last year of preschool and just did her Kindergarten screening. She did amazingly well, and scored high in all areas. She is very excited to finally start real school, and I am excited for her. Napavine School District is great and I am excited for her to join in on all the fun stuff that happens there.
Ellie is playing Tball for the first time and she is liking it so far. She likes to accessorize her outfits to match, and she enjoys rockin her pink bat and helmet. She also likes to get dirty and she thinks it is cool when it rains at practice.
Her recital, preschool graduation, and t ball games are all coming up, so its going to be a busy time for my little girl. She is growing up quick, And I am proud of the little lady she is becoming.

Jaxon: Oh my little Jaxy. He is sure giving me a run for my money. Jax is almost 3. He is such a personality. He is usually cheerful and snugly, but can flip a hormonal switch in an instant. When he gets upset you  will hear all about it and he is hard to rationalize with.  He is going through a sort of shy phase. It worries me a little because he is starting preschool in the fall and I don't want it to cause anxiety for him. We are talking about it now, and he seems excited about it, but we will see then how it goes. There are two little friends of his that will be going as well, so I am sure that will help.
About a week ago we lost "bobble", his sweet little bear. I know its in our house somewhere, but he has been just fine without him. Jax LOVES the show The Little Einsteins. It is his favorite. In the mornings, he will request the show, and even to say, "and can we snuggle?" Love snuggling that boy. I don't know if he is just a more snugly kids than the older two, or if I just need more snuggles from him since he is my last baby.
Jax loves playing with his sibling's Nintendo DS's. He is pretty good at it for a two year old and gets all excited when he "beats a wevel" (level). A few of his other cute mispronunciations.... Charley is "Charwee", Downstairs is "Stownstairs" and Ellie is "El-wie". Chase pointed out to me that I will be sad when he starts pronouncing things correctly. I think he is probably right.









1 comment: