I don't want to always have posts about rainbows and sunshine and how grand and perfect everything is for us....
Things happen in our lives that we can't control.And in a year, or even a few weeks from now, I may forget about the feeling that I had Monday night, then again last night with my boys that has really shook me up. Monday night Austin choked on a marble... I don't know why, and he doesn't know why he put it in his mouth... It was a split second mistake of a six year old that could have ended so terrible...My mom called 911. Comming home to an ambulance and Firetruck in my driveway made my stomache knot up so tight and one hundred thousand terrible thoughts went through my head in about 15 seconds. Austin ended up swallowing the marble.It really scared him, and I have never seen a six year old sob like that... He even told me, "I though I was going to die and I was so scared."
And then Last night something happened with Jaxon. I really don't even want to say it here, but let me just say that I was careless, and something happened to my sweet little guy. I know there must have been a higher power watching over him and protecting him, because I honestly don't know how he came out totally fine... I replay it over and over and I am just so mad that I could even let it happen.
Both my boys are tucked safe in their beds tonight, and I am so thankful. They mean so very much to me.
So I just wanted to quickly blog about that because I really think that parents take the everyday for granted with their kids, and in an instant they really can be taken away from us. Careless mistakes can turn into a lifetime of heartache. One moment can change things so drastically. Kiss your babies always and appreciate the gift that they are.
I love your boys too - although I'm sure not as much as you. But I'm glad they are safe. And of course I love Ellie too!
ReplyDelete