Our crazy,silly and loving girl turned 5 this year.We celebrated first with her "friend" party at Allen Creek Dance Studio. Her teacher, Mrs. Nancy led a jazz class for her and ten of her friends. It was so fun to watch them dance and twirl and all the kids had a great time. We then met back at home where the kids made ice cream sundaes and played around for a bit.
We held her family party on her actual birthday and it was so nice that most every family member made it. It meant a lot to look around at my overcrowded home to see so many people gather to celebrate Ellie and what she means to everyone.She is a granddaughter,niece,cousin,sister and most importantly to me, my only daughter.I feel honored and blessed that God chose me for her Mother.I don't know how I got so lucky.I know this girl will go many great places in this world, and do many great things because already, at 5 years old, she does everything she puts her mind to.You can not tell her she is too little to do anything, because she will try and work and practice until she succeeds. She is so full of life,curiosity and courage. I aspire to be as outgoing and brave as she.I love that she is already so full of personality, and seems to know just exactly who she is.She is the girl playing in the dirt wearing a tutu. She is the girl who loves ballet class and racetracks. She is the girl who cries real tears when others are upset and laughs with her whole body until everyone around her can't help but laugh too. She is a live wire, an out of the box thinker, and a gift to the world in a way we can't even measure yet.
There is a song by Jack Johnson that reminds me of Ellie and everything she is. It is called "Talk of the Town". To me, The song is so her, because it talks about seeing the world just a little bit differently and trying to figure things out in your own way. The song is just so carefree, and I listen to it, think of my baby girl, and smile.



No comments:
Post a Comment