Friday, November 4, 2011

October 2011

October is sort of the kickoff to the Holidays. The days get shorter, and the colder weather brings everyone indoors. Chase and I both celebrate October birthdays, and with Halloween and Ellie'e "Friend" Birthday Party towards the end of the month, it can get pretty hectic for us.

Chase and Jessica: Things between us are great. Chase has been especially helpful with the kids and around the house lately and I so appreciate him.
Our Little family participated in the"Napavine Pet Parade" in early October. Chase had a lot of fun planing for the kids costumes and figuring out a way for the wagon to look like a pirate ship. He really is creative. At the Pet parade our family ended up wining "Best Float" and Jaxon won "cutest boy" with his pirate costume. It was a fun day.



Chase is keeping busy at work and started the indoor race season in Salem Oregon. He is having fun trying to get the kids involved in his hobby, and both the big kids have been on the race track at least once. I know Chase hopes for at least one of our kiddos to really take to racing and love it like he does.

This month I have stayed busy with my three little people, numerous "extra" children, and normal wifey stuff. I did celebrate my 30th birthday on the 8th. I spent the weekend away with some very close friends on our second annual "Camden Wives Ladies Getaway." We went to Seaside and had a great weekend of relaxing, shopping and drinking. I love my friends, and as much as I love my family, I love getting away and having time for just me. Being a Mom clouds who you are so much. It is sometimes hard even for me to see myself as something more than my kids Mom. I think it is so important to connect with other people and have a break from the chaotic life of a stay at home Mom.


Austin: Austin finished up a soccer season with an amazing and undefeated team. He had a great time playing as always. I think Soccer is definitely "his" thing. He chose to play indoor soccer for November, even though his Dad and I both really wished he would have wrestled again. School is going well for him and he seems to be enjoying being challenged a bit more. One thing he always likes to tell me about is Recess. He and several of the other boys play football. Its so cute to hear him talk about team captains and touchdowns. He is getting so so big.
My biggest Parenting worry with him is that sometimes I really feel like I nag sometimes.While talking with him about misbehavior's I will subconsciously tell myself over and over ..."Don't nag." My biggest problem with him right now is that he tries so hard to make jokes and be that funny guy, that it can go right past funny and straight into smartalec.
Austin has participated in several races with Daddy over the last few months. He seems to have fun and with his competitive nature he definitely gives it all he has got. He has a nice trophy collection already and is looking forward to many more races with Daddy.



Ellie has been working very hard on her reading and is doing so so well.She has been working on a big collection of "Dick and Jane" Stories. I love to see her sound out new words and smile with pride.
Ellie has been having fun at school and although she has not talked about any child specifically, I know she is making friends. Her teachers are all wonderful.It is a church based preschool, and it has been fun and so sweet to hear her retell bible stories that she is learning from School.She is teaching me a thing or two and she thinks that is pretty cool.

Jaxon: Jaxon has definitely been a little more defiant and a lot more stubborn. He likes to tell Momma no, and he likes to do just exactly what ever it is that seems like a good idea to him at the time. I guess that all comes with being a two year old. Jaxy continues to be silly, sweet, and loving. He is adventurous and likes to try to keep up and do whatever it is the big kids are doing. He loves to be outside and he loves to jump on the trampoline. At first he was scared of it, and wouldn't stay on unless he was by himself. Now he will bounce right along with his siblings, and for a two year old, can bounce pretty high!

Jaxon's new favorite "toy" is Daddy's Ipad. Only he calls it an "I-Patch." which is hysterical. It amazes me how well he can navigate the thing. He easily switches between games and Netflix and can switch between shows to watch. It is so adorable.
One thing lately that will make me pause and stop anything I may be doing is listening to Jaxon tell stories. You can actually see him formulate his thoughts and carefully choose his words.I also love when I tell him something fun that we are going to do, he will respond with a very excited "Wow!!!" He is just so full of personality.
He and Charlie are best friends. They wrestle and play around like two brothers. He affectionately calls him "Charlie Barley" which he came up with on his own.Charlie also loves Jax's "Bobble." If Bobble is missing, you can be certain you will find it in Charlies kennel. He doesn't chew it, he simply lays down with it. Its super sweet.
Jax is growing up so very fast. He is almost 2 and half now.The Holidays will be extra special and fun with Jax this year because he is fully aware and can share in every one Else's excitement.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your family. It makes me miss you all a bunch and yet still feel a part of your lives. You really have a great family.

    ReplyDelete