This Year I get to proudly post THREE first day of school photos! Austin started Fourth Grade with Mrs. Mitchell. That means he is in the Intermediate wing at the Grade school which puts into perspective for me just how big he has gotten.. He is getting awfully close to the middle school. (Sigh) He had no anxiety this year, and didn't even want me to walk him to his classroom. Yes, it makes me sad he didn't "need" me this year. But it makes me so so proud to think of the timid little boy he used to be and then to think of him now, making his way to his classroom on his own.
This was Ellie's first Official school year. Yay for Kindergarten!!!! She was most excited to ride the bus. She was not nervous at all! I followed the bus to school, and was already inside when the bus dropped her off. I LOVED watching her strut in off the bus with her giant smile,and I followed her to make certain she would know which way to go to get to her room. Her teacher is Mrs. Kucharski and she is a new hire at Napavine. I will be volunteering in her classroom once a week and I really do enjoy time in Kindergarten. I am hoping that Ellie's teacher will soon realize that she is very very bright and could possibly work ahead a little with her. I am sort of worried about her stagnating in Kindergarten.
My baby started Preschool this year and he was so excited! He and his two best buddies are in the same program and that made the first day of school so so easy! My little guy was such a big boy! I was proud of him, but I will admit that it made me just a tiny bit sad that he clearly didn't need me and didn't give a poop if I left or not. He loves wearing his Batman Backpack and he loves that he has his own hook to hang it on. I am reassuring him that by the end of the year, I bet he will even be tall enough to hang the backpack himself!!!
So that leaves me with no kids at home three mornings a week. Phew. What will I do with those free 7 and half hours a week??? Well, I am watching a three month old part time, I will drive the preschool carpool one day a week, and I will spend one volunteering at the school.But I also intend to take some time chatting with my amazing friends over coffee and putting my feet up. Ahhhhhhh!



No comments:
Post a Comment