Monday, September 17, 2012

Fall Sports 2012

This is the first year of many to come that I feel completely overwhelmed by the kids schedules. I know it will only get worse when there are three in sports, but it is really important to me to work out the issues and let them be involved in whatever makes them happy. Mostly because I want them to have FUN! But also because I feel like the more activities they have to keep them busy, the less trouble will find them.

Ellie is playing her third year of soccer on a U-6 Team with Coach Daddy. She has games three night a week and is having fun! Her team is young and so far it has been interesting to watch them learn, but we are all anxious to see how much they all improve this soccer season. Ellie is doing great and has gotten a goal each of the two games we have had already.


Austin is playing Football this year for the first time. It is way more intense than I thought it would be for a third and fourth grade league. They were practicing two hours a day, Mon-Fri, but that has been set back to 1.5 hours four days a week now that games have started.The games are on Saturdays and we have had two so far. I HATE football, but I LOVE watching MY boy play football! He is so intense in everything he does, and is doing really really well. The coach has him playing a few different positions, on offense and defense so he gets quite a bit of field time. I really thought he would complain about the amount of practice and time that would need to be dedicated to his team, but he is LOVING it. So the fact that he is enjoying it so much make our crazy evenings around here much more tolerable.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to watch Austin play football - I'm sure he's awesome at it. And I love all the new posts and pictures. =) you have such a great family.

    ReplyDelete